Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank God for Coffee?

So as many of you may or may not know, I've tried the whole "blogging" thing before. I didn't do so well; mostly because back then I didn't have much to say. Now you're lucky if you can get me to shut up, so I'm trying again. First, what kind of name is 'Thank God for Coffee' for a blog? Well it's the most honest and relevant one I can think of. I've heard many creative names relating to people's professions or goals or opinions or what have you's, but I'm sort of all over the place even in those things. I can honestly say there are two things I remain consistent to the core on: God and coffee. I wouldn't make it through the day without either, so now they're both in my title. Secondly, me. A brief synopsis. I've been a Christian for a very long time and am proud of it. I've been engaged to a remarkable man for two years and have one more to go (almost exactly!). I'm about to enter my senior year of nursing school. Once I become a reasonably decent nurse, I want to go to medical school. I'm obsessed with superheroes (mostly Superman). I'll read pretty much any novel you put in front of me (though I prefer the classics). I recently discovered I enjoy pomegranate cosmos. My #1 goal in life is to end up as a medical missionary in Africa (and no, I've never been). I'm fascinated by surgery and think it's what I could do for the rest of my life and never get bored (anyone who knows me knows what a statement that is!). Last, why blog now? I'm about to graduate college with a bachelor's degree which is something that seems extremely crazy even now. This last year or two of my life has given me some great experiences and taught me a lot. Between nursing school and being engaged and everything else that goes into becoming an adult (which sucks by the way, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying) I could talk for days about my opinions and thoughts. Mostly, it's taught me what it takes to keep a Christian faith going in the real world, and has formed some opinions in me I never thought I'd have. So essentially, blogging is a good excuse to metaphorically hear myself talk. Alright, that's the first one down. I'll jot down some more thoughts as they come... ~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Yay another blog for me to read! Your a great lady Ms. Kristin!

    ReplyDelete